Saturday, September 19, 2009

Long Overdue Update

Sorry for the delay in updating on Samantha....my husband had to leave, so I have been here alone with her and I don't leave her, especially since we had two very bad experiences in the past 3 days...so I don't leave her alone at all. Samantha is doing better....her platelet level is back up to 120,000 - not near the 256,000 mark as she was before, but much better...they still don't know why this happened....On Monday they are going to put in her g tube....between the incision on her side from the heart surgery, the stitches from the chest tube, the stitches on her wrist and now the stomache surgery, I don't even know how the heck I am going to be able to pick her up without hurting her, as she is so small, there are no places on her small body to pick her up without hitting her incisions. I spoke with one of her surgeon's team members and it was expressed that they have talked about Samantha repeatedly in the past week since her surgery and the overall impression that my husband and I are getting from them is that they don't hold much hope that her pulmonary collaterals will grow....I am having a really hard time with this and can't accept that there may be nothing noone can do....I feel really lost, sad, angry, etc... Everyone keeps saying hold on to my faith, my prayers, etc...but that is really hard to do when you know in your heart that you may lose your daughter.... I still can't get on facebook, so if someone could please let Dan and Kerry know that I am thinking of them and Ruby, I would truly appreciate it. I will try and update again by Tuesday....Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! I am so glad to read an update. I've been worried about you guys this week. Thank goodness Samantha is improving in many ways and that her platelet count is back up.

    I know it must seem really overwhelming, so hang in there. I wish there was something more I could say to comfort you. Just know that you have some prayer warriors out here surrounding Samantha in prayer. God is taking very good care of your little girl!!

    Sending you much love from Minnesota! xo
    Megan & boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I can't imagine being in your shoes and being as strong as you are. But you know, mommas are made of some tough stuff, and that is evident by the strength you are showing by being there for your daughter when she needs you the most, even though this has to be tough on you.
    Don't give up hope that everything will be okay in the end. God performs little miracles all the time, and I believe Sammi is one of them. :)

    I keep you in my thoughts and prayers always. xoxo

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment on this earlier but I guess it didn't work. Thanks so much for keeping us in your thoughts. Dan and I think about you and Samantha constantly (and I pray :) I can't imagine the horror you're going through right now, I can only hope it gets better. You are an amazing mother, never doubt that.
    Kerry Tylenda-Emmons

    ReplyDelete