Sunday, March 28, 2010

Second Surgery Scheduled for 4/7

I promised I would let everyone know when Sammi's second major heart surgery is scheduled and we just scheduled it for next Wednesday, April 7th....after this one, there is one more HUGE surgery to go this year and then we can breathe easy for 3 years before the next one's start...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Going Ahead with 2nd heart surgery

Sammi's doctor called us yesterday and advised that the surgeon wants to go ahead with the second part of her heart surgery and that we should not be overly concerned with her aneurysm, as the aneurysm is surrendered by scar tissue. So we are now waiting for the call to set the date for her surgery, which they want to do within the next 3 weeks. After this surgery, she has one more that must be done before the end of the year and that is the huge one, where they will finish the unifocilization (making a pulmonary artery), put a coil on the aneurysm and fix the thickening of the walls of her heart. Then we can take a breather for a bit before the next round of surgeries start.

Samantha is doing great and she now started crawling. She is a really happy baby - she loves spongebob square pants, yo gabba gabba, books, music and she especially loves playing with Frankie.

As hard as this has been on her and all of us, she keeps fighting and she hasn't given up! She is definitely my inspiration!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Result of Sammi's cath on 3/1

Sammi's catherization results were not as positive as we had hoped for. They found an aneurysm near her lungs, so now can not move forward with the 2nd part of the unifocilization (heart surgery) until they figure out what to do. Her stenosis of the aortic valve is also really bad. We are waiting for her cardiologist at CHOP and her surgeon to have a conference call with 35 to 40 top pediatric surgeons/cardilogists to discuss her case and see how they should proceed. Everything they are doing for Samantha is new and as they put it, "they are paving new grounds with her" as what she has is the worse case recorded. Nothing has been easy and for once I would just like the doctor's to come out and say they have good news and that never happens. We should know more next Wednesday. I just ask that you all pray for Samantha - our little fighter needs your prayers right now. Thank you! I will post again after I speak to the doctor next week!