Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Samantha

Samantha has been doing very well as far as the heart surgery is concerned - which is awesome...we noticed that her fingernails are not as blue, and around her eyes are not as blue, which is just awesome....we hope that means the pulmonary colleterals are growing....we will see very soon, as this Thursday we go to CHOP and schedule her catherization for the end of October/beginning of November to see if they have grown or not. We keep praying! On the flipside, the g tube is a nightmare....absolutely horrible...I think it was the biggest mistake we ever made....how can she gain weight from it, if she is up all night screaming in pain from gas??? It just plain sucks..... However, thanks to Dan and Kerry, we now have information to take with us to the doctor's on Thursday to see if they can try a different way with the g tube...I hope they listen, as it seems to be working for Dan & Kerry's baby.... I can't believe that Samantha is going to be 10 months old in 6 days...almost a year has past since she was born and even though it has been a nightmare to see her go through all of this, I have enjoyed her so much...she is an angel...she makes me laugh when I feel like crying and when I feel like giving up because it is just so much, I look at her and see that she is fighting and she gives me strength to keep going.....I will post updated pictures on here of Samantha when I figure out how to do it....I keep trying, but can't get it...if anyone knows how, perhaps they can send me a quick note to explain to me how to do it, as everytime I try, it doesn't work - LOL.....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with g-tube stuff. That has to be so frustrating...you just want to feed your baby, right? Sorry you have to deal with that on top of everything else.

    We continue to say artery growth prayers for Samantha!

    When you are writing your post you should see an icon that looks like a little landscape drawing. Click on that and you can upload photos. I would love to see pics of Samantha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping me...I am finally trying to complete the blogspot with her story and pictures....still having trouble with doing a slideshow and downloading the pictures...for some reason I can't get it to work...ugh...I am sooo not computer literate! More importantly, thank you for the prayers for Samantha...we truly appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete