Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2nd Surgery Delayed

Samantha's second heart surgery that was suppose to be done in January has now been pushed back to March and she will have to have another catherization done prior to that surgery to make sure she is getting proficient blood to the lower part of the lung, to make sure that the stent that was placed on 12/4 is working and that the lower colleteral that was dialated did not collapse again..... I have been preparing myself mentally for this second surgery as I know how hard a time she had with the first one and now we have to wait another two months...ugh :-(

On a MUCH brighter note...Samantha turned one on 12/19. She LOVED her cake!!! We had sooo much to celebrate that day....Samantha is beautiful, funny, loves music, loves to make faces, dances to spongebob square pants and all music, loves to play with Frankie....I truly don't know what I would do without her and my son....when I start to feel drained, like I can't fight anymore and am too tired...I just look at her and know that she hasn't given up, that she is still fighting and all my strength comes back.....she is definitely an angel!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing your little miracle is! I'm so glad she had a good birthday. We will continue to keep her in our prayers very closely!! I hope you have all had great holidays. Happy new year! xo

    ReplyDelete